A/c bracket question

evil86

Apr 25, 2007
Liverpool
hey guys/girls. I've got a quick question for all the guys running a/c, I'm currently running a ST 20v and wish to running a/c as per factory. I've got factory jdm 16v air compressor and bracket but upon installation of the bracket, there is a gap between the block and the bracket where one of the bolts go through.

So my questions is, are there any guys who have put 16v a/c on a 20v block. I'm sure they have the same bolt holes and spacing but could be wrong. how have you done it ?

Stain

Nov 22, 2006
Cairns
I thought that space between the bracket and block was there because the power steering bracket would usually slip under there first?
Just use something to space out the 16v bracket and it should be fine?

evil86

Apr 25, 2007
Liverpool
thanks mate, been out of the game for too long. i need the ps bracket for the belt tensioner too. should be sorted if not you'll hear from me

Sam_Q

May 26, 2006
S.E suberbs of vic
I have done it, I kept the original air con compressor with the lines connected and pulled it out of the way with some cable ties. However I found that the crank pulley wasn't right. The offset of both pulleys was wrong. To fix it I used the 16V pulley and then shaved 3mm off the back. After that everything lines up real nice.