4age with quads and adaptronic running rough at idle

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
hey guys,
My setup is a 4age bigport 16v with quads, coil over plug ignition (small port dizzy as CAS) and adaptronic.
For some reason cylinders 2 and 3 i think it is are not firing at idle and are fouling plugs. however at higher idle they are working. As this is a daily this is unacceptable and the car can only be run 2-3 times before i need to change them. Any idea what could be the cause?

trdee

Mar 1, 2012
Sydney
Are you running the engine with MAP reference or TPS/RPM? If MAP, do you have a vacuum header tank or are you just teeing off of one of the runners alone?

you need a header tank to get a good strong MAP reading, especially at idle

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
Are you running the engine with MAP reference or TPS/RPM? If MAP, do you have a vacuum header tank or are you just teeing off of one of the runners alone?

you need a header tank to get a good strong MAP reading, especially at idle
on my beams i do not run a header tank just the little valve in line from a blacktop 4age

idles like a dream

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Probably unrelated by the sounds of it, but have you balanced all the throttles with a 'carb synchroniser set' or similar? That makes a big difference to idle smoothness.

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
The guy who wired it has gone over the coil wiring and it is all fine. Also the issue with idle is the exact same whether it's running off tps only, or map/tps. Also the throttles have been balanced.

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
Worked out that the idle issue was solved when i ran my other adaptronic. Think something may have happened to it when it was at the other tuners, but I'm not sure what has happened. I'm just going to use the other adaptronic then ill get the 86 one fixed and use it in my track car. FML