4AGE Swaps! Nooby info Requested!

ImaginateG

Jun 16, 2014
United States
Honestly as bad as it is to say i honestly just want to get me a 4AGE! and drop it in a 1980 Corolla cuz 1980 body style is doper than a HR :toocool:, nah honestly i cant find ae86 for a decent price or in good condition to save my life here, and if i do it would be half way across the country! lol or for 13000$ which is out right ridiculous. I have found some 88 gt-s with a 4AGE for fairly cheap, i wouldn't mind rebuilding the engine and finding a new shell to put in it. Like the previously said 1980 corolla, Or even an ae86 if i could find a shell..

Now for the request of knowledge from you good folks on the site, i have some questions for ya'll

1. whats so cool about the Levin or Trueno? as far as the suspension and what not. I know the engines and the trim and body style of the car, thats all cool and what not but is there a reason besides the manga anime that makes these cars so wanted? RWD, Drift-able, or just cuz there pretty bad ass cars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpmGZFsXcKs <----- made me melt in my pants, but what type of body style is this, its not a lift back so whats it make it?

2. As far as swaps, i know that the 88 gt-s are front wheel drive and that i would have to find a transmission to mary them together to get a RWD car, i know that the Rola's from 1980 are RWD but that doesn't mean the trans would bolt up. I guess my question here is, as for the 4AGE swaps not including the ae86 what would need to be done? and if anyone has seen it done?

3. My question for everyone here is if i start this long escapade of Swapping and what not can i ask the advice of you ae86 owners.! thanks, Nate

Bluesprinter

Aug 25, 2008
Sydney
the question is, do YOU like it or not and what are your reasons why you do or don't.

i can give you all the pros and cons of the car and it wouldn't make any difference to your own judgement.

oh and just dont do what your planning on doing, its not worth your time and money

ImaginateG

Jun 16, 2014
United States
I love the engine and the car. Its just hard to find a Levin or trueno body and rear end. The 4age is easy to find just everything else. And the 4age won't fit in a 80? Along with a 5 speed tranny? Especially if its carbd? Im going to be coming across a nice peice of money soon and really want to get into Toyota rollas