4age 20v tuners

ryebred_06

Oct 30, 2006
Cbr
Any body know of any 4age 20v tuners? in CBR

ive got some issues with my car n want to send it to someone whos knows about 4As.

Cheers

Brofft

Aug 30, 2012
NSW
CBR - Canberra 4age 20v tuners
Could not find any companies in CBR
But did find this
Australia 4age 20v tuners

boostcruising.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=128125

Which has a bunch of info on 4age

Hope that helps!

ryebred_06

Oct 30, 2006
Cbr
Cheers for that guys...had a look at boost cruising but no luck.

Clubman clubs are around...because ive seen them at gymkhana n stuff but im not to sure how to get intouch with them.

All good ill keep looking..

Cheers

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
Why you need tuner, post your problems, then hit sydney, i remember 1 guy complaining about what a tuner did to his 20v turbo. Although that was awhile ago now.

Either JEM or Uni Group are in western sydney.

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
My experience with JEM wasn't great. I won't say any more but with that in mind I would go to Yavuz at Unigroup by everyone's rave reviews.

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
My experience with JEM wasn't great. I won't say any more but with that in mind I would go to Yavuz at Unigroup by everyone's rave reviews.

I cant imagine the tune was the issue Garth, must of been the rest of the business?

Ive been to 4 tuners now and only had zero problems from 1 of them, every business has their pro and cons i guess.

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
I'd hate to bad mouth a business.... But my beams was tuned at jem

There was no problems with the tune but they left allot on the table in the way of power and drivability

We found another 5rwkw just by cleaning up the afr then a further 6rwkw AND 1000 rpm of power by tuning the vvti

Went from 109 to 120 and the way it made power was so much better

Going from

ryebred_06

Oct 30, 2006
Cbr
hey,

got my car tuned finally, found a local guy in CBR that did a good job and gave me back some good results. Pumping out 100kw atw. pretty happy with the outcome. Will post some photos later on the dyno specs. One thing though, since i put the new cam gears i noticed a change with VVT. Now it seems that it doesnt kick in at 4krpm like before. The tuner says its in agressive mode all the time... so is that because VVT has been removed or can you choose to have it on or off? i dont mind either way..the car seems to be very responsive but i do miss the change in sound :p.

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
hey,

got my car tuned finally, found a local guy in CBR that did a good job and gave me back some good results. Pumping out 100kw atw. pretty happy with the outcome. Will post some photos later on the dyno specs. One thing though, since i put the new cam gears i noticed a change with VVT. Now it seems that it doesnt kick in at 4krpm like before. The tuner says its in agressive mode all the time... so is that because VVT has been removed or can you choose to have it on or off? i dont mind either way..the car seems to be very responsive but i do miss the change in sound :p.
On stock cams VVT work best on 1600rpm and off at 6000rpm give or take a few hundred, if you have VVT then I'd say use it. Yes you can turn it on or off if you have adjustable ecu.

ryebred_06

Oct 30, 2006
Cbr
sorry for the shitty image,

bottom lines are before tuning ( i know..really shit) but above is the nice curve.

well i gave it a good hit before and i think by the sounds of it - vvt seems to be on all the time. does any body else have any experieence with 20v? is this the right amount of power i should be expecting?

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
Yes. most pull anywhere between 85/90rwkw stock engines with some blacktops making up too 105rwkw.

Is this a stock engine, i have close to perfectly straight afr pegged at 12>1

ryebred_06

Oct 30, 2006
Cbr
Yes. most pull anywhere between 85/90rwkw stock engines with some blacktops making up too 105rwkw.

Is this a stock engine, i have close to perfectly straight afr pegged at 12>1
yeh it is..other then a fpr n trumpets - pretty standard. What sort of ecu are you running? would that be the difference in the afr curve?

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
Nothing wrong with yours, could be just that dyno. Maybe if 1 day you get your injectors cleaned it might flatten it out or could be the pulsing of the trumpets effects the vacuum to the fpr, but it really could be anything.