38cm turbosmart wastegates, are they real or fake?

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
well its an older ultragate (as in one of the first released ultragates) and it says it comes with everything, so it might be some very old stock.
i check the turbosmart website and they stock parts for the older ultra and pro gates.

now here is a question for you:
lets say that it is a fake, and it fails doing major damage to your turbo or your engine or both.
for peice of mind and a little bit of extra insurance it would be better to buy from a reputable dealer like turbosmart, horsepowerinabox, GCG, turbologic etc etc

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
I looked on the official turbosmart site and it was like a 500 dollar purchase, And that was the only reason i was asking but yeah, I've decided to take the safer route and I've since found a tial at tougefactory that ill be buying as soon as i get paid next week. the turbo I'm getting is a t25g and its internally gated, but I'm getting a mate to seal it up and connect it to a modified kelway steam pipe.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
yeah i read the thread on DC man, a TiAL gate is well known brand cant go wrong with that.

ahh ok, all good with the t25 then. was hoping that someone didnt spin you some bullshit about all turbos needing external gates (even factory turbos)

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
LOL, i want to but the car will have to be street drivable, and a big pipe out of the bonnet i think will be more cop bait than it already is. May run it out the side (behind the front wheel) if i can work out a way to neatly do it.

kungfu panda

Dec 22, 2010
townsville
Havent really heard any faults on cheap gates ,think simple ,yes its cheap but its a gate 3 moving parts ( mostly) its more personal pref im using a 60mm hks :shock::shock::shock:yes massive i know but holy fuck savage and clearly never ever had issue with boost creep lol got a handfull of mates using china gates only faults are shamefull v band clamps haha i think in the gate department each to there own ,oh and def set up a side screamer will be epic dont forget to post pics!