2007 AE86 ANNUAL MEET - ROAD TRIP (To Sydney)

AE86slut

Mar 30, 2006
Sydney
Otaku said:
This is looking exactly like last years scenario.....
After living here for 7 months now it doesn't surprise me... Everyone's too busy shuffling on the footpath with their iPods or sleeping all day. :shock:

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
Hey!
I might sleep all day but I do not shuffler, god I hate that crap :x

But seriously is it only Jezza thats driving now?

Rallystanza

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
I have accmomodation hopefully hooked up with my missus who will be there at the same time.

Dont tell me il be doing this alone ya cunts.

What happened with you coming Jez?

AE86slut

Mar 30, 2006
Sydney
Well I guess it comes down to whether or not it's worth the time and money driving (or sitting in a car) for 2000ks and the expenses for the weekend etc to watch 5 Spooners and 1 billion dirty Datsuns on the track when I am going to be up in Sydney from the 22nd Dec to the 2nd of Jan anyway (two weeks later) during which time I will not be getting paid as I am a contractor and get paid by the hour. So that's already at least a couple of grand I'll be losing there already. Although I haven't been told anything concrete I was assuming we would be leaving in the Friday and coming back on the Monday, so that's another few hundred bucks I'll be losing.

The other thing is that it's a weekend of nothing getting done in the garage... And when helping hands are non-existant, that's a big thing.

Anyway I'm sure we can discuss this via phone... I take it you are back from Tassie?

Rallystanza

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah back from Tassie, awesome place, much better than Melbourne.

So who is coming, I really dont' like the idea of driving up there with 1 car and just myself...

Surely there has to be someone in the state that is willing to go.

Car is almost there, pressed out old and fitted all new bushes throughout the car today, fitted some better swaybars, fitted rack i rebuilt. Gotta get my ps arms tommorow and then finish putting front end back in.

Im looking on track to have it ready providing I havent missed something on RWC.

Rallystanza

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
Im fast running out of time and i seriously am considering the safety of driving up alone in my car without anyone else or any other cars to do the drive over a weekend, including all the festivities planned.

Anyone?

DavisJD

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sorry Jez, without a license theres no way i'm going to be doing the convoy up there.

Doesn;t look like I'll be in Sydney either, broke up the missus, so now I'm going to Yarrawonga instead in december

DRFTAE86

Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne: South East
You should just take a flight there like my girlfriend and i (and da_horse) did last year. Save your self alot time, effort and money.

Too busy to do the same thing again this year for me though.

But i was lucky enough to have Andrew come down for Alexia's 21st and more recently having met up with Garth at Autosalon for a good catch up.

Hope this years event is as good as lasts.

:)

Rallystanza

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
Well i din't end up making it.

A few reasons, no one to drive up with me and the car couldnt get booked into any vicroads until wednesday this week!

Oh well, I hope it is fun.

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
Fucken, not one Vic Sprinter went again :x
Ah well I'll will say what I said last year, "There's always next year" :lol: