2007 AE86 ANNUAL MEET - ROAD TRIP (To Sydney)

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
You better believe it mate :wink:

Thanks Jezza for that, I will make a new thread soon that will contain all the information about the road trip

Rallystanza

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
I have managed to get annual (hah pardon the pun) leave this year!!!

Im a definate. Il go on my own too!

But pls register your interest here.

Otaku and myself will be happy to field questions about what is happeneing.

Ideas and suggestions for places to stay from the NSWhales would be nice too.

horse

Administrator
May 22, 2006
Melbourne
Formula 1 man. simple and cheap.

peter, wires?screws? doing the viet thing over there or something? :p

i have heaps of space in my car if you need to recline etc :)

i still can't confirm 100% if i can go then as this stupid work project has no set dates due to lazy fuckers. but should be sweet, else i'll call in sick :lol:

Rallystanza

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
The reason why we are organising it now is so that you can organise annual leave. Its only 2 days.

Try to make it happen, it will be well worth your while.

yehh ill see if i can get friday and monday off then =/
lOL. its just that gettin even a few days off work when your in the defence force is a little bit harder than an ordinary job. Lots of paperwork n fun shit. Explaining why you need time off to the Warrant officer.

lOL ahh well ill see what i can do ^^

DavisJD

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
Put me as a maybe, so worried about my car breaking down on the way!

But like Dusty said, plenty of able AE86 workers and spare parts will be lying around.

Only problem being its my 3 (maybe 4 cant remember!) year anniversary with my girlfriend on the 10th.

Maybe il fly her up to sydney to meet me on the 10th, and spend a night or 2 in sydney before a lonely drive home!

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
yeah there will be alot of people to help if anything happens to anyone cars, me and Huy will be taking a fair bit of tools :wink:

horse

Administrator
May 22, 2006
Melbourne
lol my missus wants to join us as well. then stay back a day or so after.

in regards to your car i'd do a full major service if you can. change your fuel filters, bring a spare if you can. for those with 4age's make sure you have some shielding of the dizzy, i think Leigh's melted last year.

check ur alternator is up to scratch, Garth knows this all too well.

bring spares you have lying around as you dont know what you might need.
fire extinguisher for precautionary measures. spare tyres if you can, i'll have a can or two of that tyre sealant spray stuff.

look thru some of the old toymods threads or ask in the main thread about any issues they had last time.

i'll try to remember what other issues they ran into...

DavisJD

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
By the sounds of it we need to send all the girlfriends away for a massage and spa weekend together so where free to play with our toys!

My girlfriend is talking about flying to queensland instead now and me meeting her there. Maybe she can buy me some springs and a decent stereo so the drive is bearable!

Anyway back on topic now!

I'm thinking, if there 3 or more of us going, im in.

dongsoo

Apr 15, 2007
H-wizzle
there is a highly small chance that i may attend.
i should be able to get some time off work.
it all depends on how devoted i am to ae86 at the time.. i go throuigh stages like interested then lose interest the gain intrest a few months later so who knows :S im confusing i will let you guys know if im gonna come but later towards the due date >_<