Search results

1. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

A few months ago, the day after August 86 day, this happened... A Mercedes CLK convertible pulled out of a carpark infront of me as I was cruising down a main road. It didn't look too bad at first glance, but by the way my feet got pushed back on impact I knew the damage was quite severe...
  2. genkin

Monster Jr. 2dr Levin

Here are some old videos from '09 of a gymkhana I did. Lot's of fun! http://youtu.be/dKnOEkIYlps http://youtu.be/KTs0nS-tTkk http://youtu.be/BRD2xG--rhQ
  3. genkin

Monster Jr. 2dr Levin

Yep, that's it! Sucks about the crash :/ I still wish he'd post my 'LEVIN' plates back.
  4. genkin

GT Apex Levin 2dr Touge Monster

(^o^)V ill legal street skids
  5. genkin

GT Apex Levin 2dr Touge Monster

Is anyone still interested in seeing old pics of this car? I can upload a shit tonne if you guys are still interested.
  6. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

I was away in Japan for 6 months recently, but after getting back I got straight back to work on the 86. And you know what? I found the problem pretty fast. I can't believe I made this mistake :P Turns out I probably got my part numbers mixed up and I had a low pressure lifter fuel pump instead...
  7. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

I haven't spent much time on the poor 86 since the Uni semester has gone back. But recently I've made a bit of ground, and this is how she looks today after a hard day of tidying up the wiring and giving her a timing tune and TPS dial in. I've been driving it around for a lot of the arvo! Loving...
  8. genkin

NA vs FI (low power vs bulk power) Tims theory on why slow 86s are more fun

You'll learn a lot from this little car if you just listen ;)
  9. genkin

NA vs FI (low power vs bulk power) Tims theory on why slow 86s are more fun

Good discussion guys. The AE86 was never intended to compete with more powerful cars on the numbers graph. However, when Toyota released the AE86 chassis with the 4AGE engine with headwork from Yamaha they created a little gem. Over the years I've owned 4 street driven AE86s, all with low/no...
  10. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

Many beers have been consumed during the conversion so far, maybe that's why it's taking me so long :confused: Just an old photo update for now... The trusty 86 after doing kilometres of 4WD only roads. 365mm Italvolanti Formel 2000. Edemame shift! Inside the front...
  11. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

Wiring so far... ]
  12. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

Yeah, the aus tank does have some internal baffling, but no swirl pot, so the fuel moves away from the lifter a lot more in the aus tank. Here's a photo of the engine in dirty fwd configuration when I got it. My mate is coming around today to help sort the wiring. Hopefully this is back...
  13. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

Cheers for the kind comments guys. I'm not really building the car up for any intended purpose at the moment. Just to be able to drive it everyday and have some hills fun. There is certainly a long list of mods and upgrades before it's what I really want. And I'm not sure if I should keep going...
  14. genkin

genkin's AE86 Vacationer

It's about time I started a thread for this car. I never really intended it to be a 'project', more of a daily. But I guess that's just the 86 bug I've got. I bought this in November 2010 from outer Melbourne and drove it back to Adelaide the next day. It was a bog stock ADM 1983 Sprinter...
  15. genkin

HR Annual 2012 [JINDABYNE : Dec 8-9] Epic Touge Adventure!

I'm running on a tight deadline to get this 4age in!
  16. genkin

Timmy, I'm slowly working on getting the 4AG in, hopefully before December ;) But if that doesn't work, I may just 4AC it over! 86 for life
  17. genkin

I'm a noob trying a 4age into AE86 conversion. Advice please...

Thanks for the response Justin. Regarding the fuel pump, I've just checked the one I have, it's a VL in-tank lifter-pump only. So I'll try to source an 82 EFI assembly and pump. Is installing a new steel fuel line under the car necessary? Or can I get away without this? I think I'll look into...
  18. genkin

I'm a noob trying a 4age into AE86 conversion. Advice please...

Hey guys, I've currently got a daily 297,xxxkm 4ac which I'm planning on retiring soon. She's still pulling hard and not giving me many problems, but I got a good deal on a AE82 4AG and well, the project started from there. With the news of the Annual coming up in December, I'm gonna see if I...
  19. genkin

If someone wants to pay for my flights there and back I'd be happy to photograph the event :)
  20. genkin

Toyota Corolla Model 1986

Hey Griswold, It's great to have a new member in the HR community. Welcome! I see you're trying to sell your Corolla :). I've included some pointers for you to help sell your car and fit in around our great community a little better. Firstly, you'll have to be a bit more detailed in your...