Recent content by intense

1. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Been 8 years since the last update and man has the whole car scene changed with social media decimating the forums and leaving them a baron wasteland. I don't know if anyone is still kicking around here but I was feeling nostalgic and decided another update is in order. Anyway, I've still got...
  2. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Ok so the core started to leak again. Turns out that an ae82 core can also be used as they're almost identical. The only difference is that one of the outlets faces towards the drivers side a bit and the core is a bit shorter. I just used some foam to space it out and yeah all good now. Only...
  3. intense

Back from the dead.

welcome back mate, good to see some familiar faces again
  4. intense

My car is falling apart, HELP!

It's all pretty simple stuff to fix, just give the car some tlc and basic maintenance. If you take the seat rails off I'm sure you can bend them back into the right shape with a vice and some pliers. Speedo cable isn't hard to fix either, just buy a new one and replace, they run from the cluster...
  5. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Already ripped the core out in an effort to get it welded up, the crack was pretty bad and they're made of brass rather than copper so we didn't have the right materials to get it sorted. So after all that we did what I suggest initially, cut it down and just push the hose on more. seems to work...
  6. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Going to put 2 tanks of fuel through it which will be about 800-1000k's, just regular driving but try to keep it under 4k. Then I'll be able to flog it as hard is it'll take it. I've hit a slight set back, I cracked one of the heater core pipes when putting the motor in and got a coolant leak...
  7. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

FINISHED!!!! New engine is in. It's an ae92 block with ae101 internals and a slightly decked head for a bit higher comp. I've put a techno toy tuning crank pulley on it to bring the boost up to 14psi. Made a blocking plate for the ABV and gaskets to suit, would like to remove it and have the sc...
  8. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Pulled some copperfield shit and SHAZAAM, no more motang Oh wait there it is Bloody panda's broken heart Was able to find a donor on short notice from radelaide Off to get a clutch re-splined today and then I get the fun of putting all the stuff I ripped out back where it belongs. Now...
  9. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

So turns out the bolt that holds the harmonic balancer on snapped off in the crank which = borked motor. On the other hand I have something pretty awesome on it's way from adelaide so watch this space, next two weeks are going to be big ones
  10. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

well well well look what arrived today. Already had the clutch and bearing but the rest of the goodies got delivered just a few hours ago, not pictured is the ajps dash mat. Still waiting on the castor rod arms and t3 pulley. With a little luck I'll have all of these parts installed over the...
  11. intense

Victoria 86 Owners!!!!

I think it's time for another GOR cruise.
  12. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Got bored today so decided to use up some spare paint I had. Probably needs another coat but it turned out ok anyway
  13. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Pics on the way as soon as my next shipment of awesome parts arrives. Currently in transit: AJPS Metal hub center locating rings AJPS Dashmat AJPS Adjustable Panhard Rod AJPS Trailing arm bush kit AJPS Traction brackets Techno Toy Tuning 14psi boost pulley Techno Toy Tuning Tension rods Off to...
  14. intense

Otaku's AE86 Build-up

THIS JUST IN Local man plows through multiple properties while delivering "tofu". Local police are baffled!
  15. intense

Aaron's Blood Red Panda

Ok good news, cars back on the road now after a LOT of stuffing around. Big thanks to Sam Q for lending me a gze harmonic balancer untill the one I ordered arrived (long story that I'll get to in a tick). So far though I've had no drama's with the oil pump, pressure holds well and everything...