Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Paul
    care co-efficient = 0

or that...
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....

Do you guys know anyone who sells carbon sheet? A squareish box made out of sections glued and bolted together wouldn't be a bad option either.

Justin...

making something up seems like the way to go. might even use the booth box with some of it, no seinse it letting it go to waste.
    what would be a minimum gap from the tip of the trumpets to the cover? only ask because my trumpets now are pretty close to the cylinder

as for fibreglass being itchy, i figured that one out few weeks ago fixing my front bar, didnt think i would need long sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by trevors13 View Post
    making something up seems like the way to go. might even use the booth box with some of it, no seinse it letting it go to waste
    id just use the noby booth box as it is, my motor should be pumping 120rwkw+ n/a and im not too fussed about it...if i was to buy anything else it would only be from a research/development point of view for the motor...
    'Lazy
    ハチロク魂

"The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you. It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf. That's the magic of the Hachiroku." -KT

'Lazy
    ハチロク魂

"The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you. It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf. That's the magic of the Hachiroku." -KT

That's a serious intake duct. How's that being filtered?

Justin...

hope and prayers?

hot chicks stockings?

mmmmmm hot chicks....

yeah it could do with a garter belt!
    Paul
    care co-efficient = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Delazy View Post

this is conrads...i know its australian made/developed...not sure whom by exactly...id make the assumption and say its one of glenns?
    Yeah, its one of Glenns, the angle makes it hard for a 16v setup like ChrisOs/Justin/mine.

Quote Originally Posted by fergo308 View Post
    Do you guys know anyone who sells carbon sheet? A squareish box made out of sections glued and bolted together wouldn't be a bad option either.
    Justin...
    Square boxes are nasty for resonance, avoid.

Also this is what ChrisOs looks like complete:
    -Chris

that would be hard to do with a standard booster and master cylinder I guess from those pics.....
    Paul
    care co-efficient = 0

It'd be impossible to make a box that deep with a booster still in place. Something that size means going without a booster and possibly needing dual cylinders with a balance bar setup inside.
    I've fitted an S14 master cylinder and am running the brake lines alongside it and down to the factory splitter and it's going to be a tight squeeze to fit something over my weber style OER ITBs and their 50mm trumpets. I reckon there will be 20mm of free space above them at best on the back two cylinders,and that's with cusco engine mounts and my crossmember spaced down by 10mm.
    I plan to make a box that curves around the master and then goes down below the manifold close to the chassis rail to get as large a volume as possible.

Does anyone have any experience with how much space is necessary in front of and around bellmouths for proper airflow? Obviously more is better,but are there any rules of thumb for minimum dimensions?

Justin...
    Last edited by fergo308; 19-04-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo

in front of the face of the bell is not overly important. most of the velocity comes from the bell mouth itself, so airspeed is not overly high infront of the trumpet..... i think from memory i have seen as low as 20mm still work effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by trevors13 View Post
    and a what sounds like a really dumb question but someone has got to ask, would there be a issue with running no trumpets inside the box?
    Not a good idea no
    The velocity stack (trumpet) makes a huge difference

My motor is a 2lt but I had a 17 rwkw difference just by changing length and designs of velocity stacks

If you dident run anything you would have a square edge and air would not flow very well into the throttle bodies
    www.Ghettogarage.org

WE PARTY
    and do car type related things

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300697204...84.m1438.l2649

These would possibly be an option for those short on space. I'm going to measure up my ITBs tonight and put an order in for a set of these and some 30mm ones.

Justin...

Sam q does 35mm and even 20 I think??

Hit him up

I'm using his 110mm and was very impressed with them
    He is a sponsor on dc
    www.Ghettogarage.org

WE PARTY
    and do car type related things

lazy : what booster/master and clutch master are you running, im very interested
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Fuck. Me. Drunk. This engine just sounds angry. Every throttle stab just says 'FUUUUCK FUCKFUCK YOUUUUUUUU'
    It wants to invade your country, take you lands, steal your wife, burn your house and fuck your daughters kind of angry.
    It's THE ANGRY VIKING!!

Quote Originally Posted by evil86 View Post
    lazy : what booster/master and clutch master are you running, im very interested
    nothing as yet bloke...hoping/planning to run the KExx? booster/nissan BM44 master and stock clutch master...i cant see any reason for the nobybooth box to hit/cause problems

at the same time im likely/silly enough to go all out and run pedal box/boosterless master setup

if you are refering to the pic i posted a few posts up...that is ChrisO's 1.9L 4age setup...not mine
    'Lazy
    ハチロク魂

Unfortunately RHD is limited by the master cyl, sucks balls. The 50mm i tried just missed fitting but id say 45mm would be a real close call. The nobby booth box will rob you off 5rwkw vs open trumpets. Persoanlly the nobby booth box with no trumpets at all felt best surprisingly.

Another thing too with the nobby booth was the 50mm trumpets covered almost 1/2 of the 100mm opening into the box so cyl 1 and 2 would most likely rob most of the incoming air at high rpm.

My thinking atm is to make the trumpets bend down and face the ground (kinda like s13 sr20 intake did) with the box sitting just above the water pump level. that way you are less limited by design/shape. Time will tell if it works, ill get around to it 1 day.
    Steve!
    If at first you dont succeed, space travel isnt for you!

Drift|Touge|Grip|all the same|spirited driving|for spirited people!!

if you were to make something like chrisO's that would certainly work steve...
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....