Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

noby booth box

has anybody used a noby booth box or something like it?. been defected for having ITB's because its a performance mod while im on my p's n need to cover them up

performance mod??? i thought itb were for better fuel economy ??...... thats what i would be saying he he
    www.Ghettogarage.org

WE PARTY
    and do car type related things

I have the nobby booth intake on my 20v, or atleast did, makes the quad growl quieter, gives you a chance for a filter setup. In your case thou you would need the intake and a air box to clear the defect.

People have been known to use a commodore air boxes. But your kinda limited as to a intake for your quads.

Nobby Booth, GTiR or make your own intake are the only real options im aware of, there maybe others.
    Last edited by Steve20v; 03-04-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Steve!
    If at first you dont succeed, space travel isnt for you!

Drift|Touge|Grip|all the same|spirited driving|for spirited people!!

"they are carburettors officer..."
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....

My plan for my ITBs is to use the JDM AE86 airbox and hook it up to an aluminium plenum. mine will need to be custom as my setup is weber pattern,so 20v based stuff won't bolt on,unless they come blank.
    Hypertune make an alloy plenum to suit the 20v quads as well. No idea on pricing though,other than it's probably a lot.

Justin...

sam Q makes a plate to bolt the gtir plenum on .... only really good for boosted application though
    www.Ghettogarage.org

WE PARTY
    and do car type related things

Plazmaman makes a nice plenium
    New Forum.
    New Look.
    New badass motherfucker who won't take no shit from no one!

Yeh I have spoke to Sam Q n he said the GTIR Probly wouldn't fit so I have ordered a blank noby booth and see how it goes, thinking it might cause some clearance issues, but can only try.

The caby excuses dosent work haha I did it on my Ke with a 4age with side drafts. Worked abit though because it took there attention away from it being a conversion while on P's.

Not sure if it would be a performance increase or decrease, way I see it is it would be bring in cold air instead of breathing in the engine bay but it could also restrict air flow

A large enough box is not a restriction. Most are around double the size of the original manifold's plenum,so that's not going to hold a 1.6L engine back in any way.
    Most people who fit one from having filters straight on their trumpets see gains in power.

Justin...

have a gander at some of the pics of 3sglevins and chrisO's engines, they have the sort of thing you should be looking at for an airbox/plenum
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....

I am not sure the plenum has to be as big as that on Chris O's
    Paul
    care co-efficient = 0

Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    have a gander at some of the pics of 3sglevins and chrisO's engines, they have the sort of thing you should be looking at for an airbox/plenum

Quote Originally Posted by Youngy View Post
    quite possibly ATLEAST 3 times more volume than my nobybooth..his motor is however quite something!

'Lazy
    ハチロク魂

"The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you. It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf. That's the magic of the Hachiroku." -KT

this is conrads...i know its australian made/developed...not sure whom by exactly...id make the assumption and say its one of glenns?
    'Lazy
    ハチロク魂

"The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you. It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf. That's the magic of the Hachiroku." -KT

That larger box looks brilliant. I'm going to have a crack at making my own out of Aluminium most likely. Will try and convince my father to TIG it up for me.

Justin...

so i got the box today and the thing looks bloody small, anybody know what size trumpet you can fit ?

and a what sounds like a really dumb question but someone has got to ask, would there be a issue with running no trumpets inside the box?

Quote Originally Posted by trevors13 View Post
    and a what sounds like a really dumb question but someone has got to ask, would there be a issue with running no trumpets inside the box?
    wouldn't be issues running without trumpets...the shape of the box will certainly help flow...I have 25 or 30mm (cant remeber) trumpets in mine... They did need one edge on both cylinder 1 and 4 to fit however...I do plan on getting some 50mm and trying also once the car is together... Might even invest in a box similar to Chris O's at a later date
    'Lazy
    ハチロク魂

I'm running a Noby Booth on my silvertop with 15mm trumpets. I've then got a pipe connecting it to a pod filter which has been enclosed by an old washing machine panel. Got pulled over randomly a few years back and the general patrol policeman had a look at it and said it was fine. So as long as you're not running open ITBs or if you have a pod filter and it's enclosed it should be ok. But saying that, it's up to the policeman's discretion if he wants to give you a defect of not.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngy View Post
    no, but it doesnt hurt either

Quote Originally Posted by Delazy View Post
    wouldn't be issues running without trumpets...the shape of the box will certainly help flow...I have 25 or 30mm (cant remeber) trumpets in mine... They did need one edge on both cylinder 1 and 4 to fit however...I do plan on getting some 50mm and trying also once the car is together... Might even invest in a box similar to Chris O's at a later date
    the 50mm trumpets wont fit, steve has one as well and tried my 50mm trumpets and they are too big unfortunately.

my advice trev is go down to a boat shop and get some epoxy resin and fibreglass and couple of cardboard boxes and have a bash at knocking one together.
    the fibreglass sheets are cheap enough and usually a tin of epoxy and hardner will last a few goes until you get it right.
    i know this i what i will be doing once i get the car back.
    just make sure you have gloves on and long sleeve shirt. glass fibres are itchy as fuck...
    Adam

N/A for life....