bride zeta 3 large

does anyone know if the Bride Zeta 3 Large will fit into a 86?

probably have to do some measurements, I know my ergo 2 just fits but I dont have full adjustment back and forward with bride rails as the adjuster knob hits on the trans tunnel, when I get a chance Im going to shift the bolt holes over on the rail so that it has a bit more clearence to move back and forward
    Julian

the lazy sprinter owner

its should, i purchased a COBRA suzuka in GT width (for gentleman of the larger pant) and that fits perfectly fine.
    only small issue was the bride rail, the seat bolted up fine but was too wide for the mounts.
    took it to a raceshop, a few hours later they had it fitted up fine.
    Last edited by xero; 28-03-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....

Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    (for gentleman of the larger pant) .
    nice cover up ( -;
    Last edited by xero; 28-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    New Forum.
    New Look.
    New badass motherfucker who won't take no shit from no one!

hahah yeh well im not exactly the smallest person in the world, i often get told i fold into my car. 6'4 with large pants, finding a seat that works is kind of hard, i had autobarn "DRIFT" seats in my KE that were alright but they were poor build and the padding would move and would get a metal bar to the back or rib, plus i had to get custom rails made up which broke the bank

well your in luck my young friend!
    im 6'3" 110kgs and 40 pants. you wont fit in a bride at all, been there done that.
    but SPARCO, VELO, COBRA, CORBEAU all are larger sized seats and i have tested them all.

the COBRA SUZUKA PRO in GT width suited me perfectly. nice high sides for your thighs, deeper side bolsters, higher back, nice and snug. its the kind of seat you can drive for hours in without cramping.

the VELO GP90 is a larger size as well. high backs, good thigh bolsters. it wasnt as deep in the sides for my liking and i found them to be a little bit to flat in the back. but plenty tall enough.

CORBEAU is a UK brand and has similar seats to VELO and COBRA. i found them to be half way between the COBRA and VELO. it had a bit more of a moulded back to it but wasnt that deep and wasnt as high with the thigh bolsters.

SPARCO ones i tried were great but for me it just didnt have the high enough or deep enough thigh and side bolsters. and i was willing to spend good money (think up to $1000) for a good seat but i just couldnt find a good enough one in the sparco range that wasnt going to cost 11ty dollars. i also found some of the sparco seat backs to be just a bit to short.
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....

this is a big help cheers,

where did you get the seat and rails from?

Out of interest,are they side or bottom mount,and what rails are you using Xero?

I'll echo the comments on bride seats,they're not made for full-sized westerners,funnily enough. I've had recaro Sr3's in the past which were good if lacking a little in the lumbar area,and have a Sparco Evo XL atm which is too wide for me at 6'1" and 42" waist. Shoulder and back support are good,but it's enormous around the seat area,they must be made with Victor bray in mind.

The best seat I've ever had is a no name thing that I bought off of a silvia forum years ago.

I generally advise people to take advantage of shops like Revolution racegear and go in there and sit in all of their seats until you find one that works,then shop around for a better price.

Justin...

Quote Originally Posted by fergo308 View Post
    Out of interest,are they side or bottom mount,and what rails are you using Xero?

I generally advise people to take advantage of shops like Revolution racegear and go in there and sit in all of their seats until you find one that works,then shop around for a better price.

Justin...
    im using bride FG rails justin. they are AE86 body mounting specific but will fit a mulitude of side mount seats.
    my cobra is a side mount.

thats another thing trevor make sure its a side mount, that way you can practically have the seat sitting on the floor.

ill echo justins comments RE revolution racegear. i did exactly that, i sat in all the seats i mentioned to make sure my fat arse would fit. and i often did in jeans and a jumper as well (when your at your fullest girth) to doubly make sure.
    once i found the seat i wanted i then took advantage of the crumbing economies such as in the UK or USA.

i purchased my seat from these guys:
    www.jjcraceandrally.com and were great to deal with.
    i have also had a couple of mates (and myself) buy seats and other assorted racegear from www.demontweeks.com as well

both are UK based and fantastic to deal with.
    Adam

N/A for life....

JCC RACE and RALLY were amazing to deal with and cheap...highly reccomended
    'Lazy
    ハチロク魂

"The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you. It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf. That's the magic of the Hachiroku." -KT

are the FG rails side mount?, i tried searching for info and all i found is they seem to have the most drop of 50mm unlike the others of 30mm

yep side mount mate.
    but i think they could be used as a bottom mount, but for someone of your size a reclinable is not going to drop the seat much lower than standard.
    Adam

N/A for life....

thats why i am looking at fixed, manage to get my large pant size ass into my mates bride zeta medium, wasnt to bad but for the fact i couldnt move my legs

he showed me a picture of someone who used a bottle jack to spread the sides out, not to keen on doing that to a $1200 seat

this is why i bought mine from the UK/USA. that $1200 fibreglass seat in a race shop in aust just became a $7-800 kevlar shelled race seat shipped to your door.
    Adam

N/A for life....