Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ke_70
    this websites about to get very popular
    bit of a shame really lots of info there

does this place accept other cars or only 86s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim.duncan
    looking forward to it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by t-rex
    i predict exciting times ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz01
    unity of the community
    garths working on new forum so all will change soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    Tas now has its own section

so does E7 please refrsh your screen.

This is all temp until the new HR comes online.

Then our E7 brothers will have a even better area for themselves and ways that the Hr club can interact with all forms of the E chassis (whatever you wanna call it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Rochester
    Clearly an oportunity exists for hachiroku.com.au but some changes maybe needed.

- a seperate TAS cruises and events forum please (This is most important)
    - slightly different colours rather than grey on grey.
    - maybe a more colourful header/banner with a clear picture of a AE86.
    done
    new forum will have choice of grey or white
    this is also to be sorted out with the new forums

any more suggestions guys?
    garth you are so cool you dont fuck around at all

little do you know that beau and i have been busy running inside an excercie wheel to create electricity for garth "dr frankenHR" ivers so he can give the new forums life AND WORLD DOMINATION!!

ok maybe just the forums... the world domination might be going to far. maybe just australia wide 8)
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....

there was a 437 dollar donation needed to get the site online...

i think it met it last night.

(by the way HR forum gave me a database error as i posted this)

yeah i got it to... seems to be when the server gets jammed up. give it a sec and it goes away..
    Adam

Got NSW HR Events Questions? Check out the NSW Forum or PM me. Tell your friends about our AE86 meets, we would love it if they came.

N/A for life....

16k for dc, damn, well guess it depends on how much the ad revenue and forum sponsors bring in, it was a very high traffic site so would defianitly would have had potential to bring in big ad revenue if marketed correctly.
    hrmm i know how much and i promised nick i wouldnt say anything about it. but take what you will from my not buying it to work out why....

hopefully the servers here will be able to hold up with the influc of users
    this server wont im afraid, its not the dedicated hosting beast that AE86DC had, were moving as fast as possible to get the new one online so the least impact is seen for you guys. the new server is a BEAAAST of a machine with 8 CPUs and what not so it will be good!
    My BEAMS GTV Trueno

HR - Building a Better Worldwide AE86 Community Since 2005

garth you are so cool you dont fuck around at all
    haha i cant tell if youre taking the piss or not
    My BEAMS GTV Trueno

ae86dc should be back pretty soon i would imagine.

people like money, that site as a projected income of 42k per 2 years. people dont give up on money making potential.

nick invited me to buy the site, and after i saw the email, it then was being spilt up as a "company".... it needed a target of 437 dollars to bring the site back...

come on thats 2 people donating 250 each... im sure last night 437 total was reached lol.

Yeah all pretty true right there. His projected amount was 17500 not 437 dollars as stated by the mini-payment site he briefly had up.

Ive tried to say nothing publicly about this whole situation out of respect but drama or not, its put a lot of people and businesses out. Doing this all for drama entertainment for one person would be pretty selfish. Maybe Nick is just over it?

Projected income does not mean actual income. Financial consultants need to base projected figures on all incomings made for 2 years prior to any sale. They use this amount (averaged per annum) and add the minimum percent of growth to determine a final sale price and any future projections of earnings.

42,000? If i owned a site that was going to autonomously earn 42000 with me doing minimum work in 2 years, i wouldn't ban its main users (the sites main 'earners'), rick roll entire forums, delete whole (very popular) sections, aggravate traders or ultimately shut it down, but hey, not my site, not my position to judge or make decisions.

Running a forum isn't an easy job. there are lots of different opinions and attitudes towards online internaction and with car culture always very strong opinions about what is right or good and what (in their opinions) isnt. Managing this and creating a forum culture of understanding and acceptance is possibly the hardest part. Some people lack the personality to deal with the rogue agents and end up weilding the nazi stick a little too heavily.

Whatever happens in this whole situation matters little, we will be providing -at the very least- the same user experience that was on AE86DC, even it it does or doesnt return. Im not about to start telling people what to think, say or do, what forum to like or dislike or what to post or not but there will always be HR here for those who wish to be a part of it.

Id love to see some unification of the community after it being so fucked up for so long, so any move towards this ultimate goal is a good thing in my honest opinion.
    My BEAMS GTV Trueno

AE86 users in Australia only need one forum. And for the above reasons we don't need Nick (Webmaster). He is too tempremental, keeps changing his mind, locking forums (people loosing info and contacts), he has no AE86 knowledge to give etc etc... Most technical articles I have written are already lost.

Obviously the forum needs a kick arse server, and sponcers to pay for it etc (I know nothing about this side of it, and hachiroku.com.au needs upgrading) but the running of this business should be silent/invisible and not an outward emotional display.

*puts on flame suit*

i was honestly hoping that the "one" ae86 forum would be ae86dc with a new admin and a lot of work. sorry to say, but i feel this site although better in some ways, i just dont really find this site so enjoyable.

i for one would welcome a new ae86 forum that attempts to raise the prices of ae86s by attracting a more mature audience such as clubman owners or others, as i feel the current userbase is too poor at times, and is holding back the price growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Rochester
    AE86 users in Australia only need one forum. And for the above reasons we don't need Nick (Webmaster). He is too tempremental, keeps changing his mind, locking forums (people loosing info and contacts), he has no AE86 knowledge to give etc etc... Most technical articles I have written are already lost.
    Agree. I wrote a wiring guide for people to wire a 4age into their adm 86 or e7, asked for it to be stickied but it never did. When we moved to the new forum, it was lost along with lots of good info and others hard work.

Something that has annoyed me though is the fact that one of the moderators (Gunner) was allowed to post on their freely, yet still owes me money for a parcel shelf ($160) i bought in mid 08 and never was received due to his personal situation. He keeps saying he will fix me up for it, but I have nothing to show for it.....

I seriously think the dark grey has a subliminal negative phycological effect.

I do appreciate the admin on here have more of a graphic art background, which is a good thing. But function over fashion, especialy when traffic is high.

dongsoo, howcome you are out to 'raise the price of your ae86?'

dont know about you, but im in it for the fun/love of the car. not how much financial gain can be had if i wish to ever sell it :S

well todd i own 2 of them and im looking to get a third soon. i see them as a good way to make money AND have fun with a car at the same time. if you are smart you can do both.

Yeah sorry but in the 4AGE food chain... clubbies > hachi's
    Anthony

KAIZEN GARAGE

Live Axle Drift Squad - Chassis testing division

yes very true, ae86 is HUGELY over rated, but what i am hoping for is a more mature audience who "doesnt mind paying more for a good condition one" etc and will in the process drive prices up to where they SHOULD be. its been too much of these poor kids only wanting to pay low prices or to buy the shittest ones and spend a lot fixing it, they are the reason prices of ae86 is so low today

i dunno what your background is dongsoo, but prices for ALL cars fluctuate. there was a time about 12-18mths ago where a good quality AE86 was worth a couple of dollars.

then some people tried to cash in on this... thus flooding the market and bringing prices down. right now there are a good number of good AE86's for sale, keeping prices lower than you beleive they should be... and its probably gonna be like that for a while yet as there is still a decent supply of cars, and the ones that were dilapidated are now being restored and rebuilt to be enjoyed and not sold.

also with the P plate laws it has also had an impact on the market as they are (mostly) N/A cars meaning that they can be driven on your P plates. and coz kids cant afford the good ones they are buying the worn out ones and thrashing them then fixing as they go..
    Adam

N/A for life....

your fucking kidding yourself if you think the price of a 25 year old corrola SHOULD be between 15 and 20 000.

They are fun cars for poeple to get a good basic knowledge ofhow to have fun in a car.

I love em to bits, but ffs its a 25 year old corrola!!!!

and the world will be a LOT better off without nicks theatrics.

more power to you garth!

i think its true there should be only one 86 forum and i would rather it be hr. hr is alot more mature then dc ever was. the only reason i used dc more was the traffic was more. look at the wa section of hr and the last bost before dc went down was in 08. now im hoping this will change and hr gets the traffic it deserves

ae86s are already to expensive for what they are!
    $6000 will get you a clean 4age sprinter 60ish kws and wheels
    $6000 got my friend a clean 1j cressy 233kws with wheels and basic sussy

i think theyre expensive enough

i do agree with pat on this topic, to many people are selling them for to much, as we all know you never get back what you have spent on a car, but if somone is willing to pay over 8g for a stock sprinter let them, its there money, but me personally, it would have to be really good to pay that much

as for ae86dc, if your were a member recently it was easy to see that nick had enough, eventhough at times he was a dick and acted like a child, he did raise the corolla community, to what it is today, its sad to see it close and i hope ae86dc does come back, but the way i see it now is that HR now has an oportunity to becaome what ae86dc failed at. So Lets support garth and help him turn this forum into something better
    Mereki.